Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sexual Attraction and those Pheromones


Okay, so I didn't plan to do this right away, and yet here I am. I needed a break from editing my manuscript, because I'm stressed out. I'll explain in a later post as to why. :)

Writing a post about sexual attraction is good for my soul, and good for my nerves. It reminds me of why I do or have done the things in my life I have. Most generally, any stupid shit I've pulled has been because of a guy. Yup, I think I've pulled every stunt know to man. My mother, whew, was probably glad when I grew up. Well, she just thought I did! Hee hee.

Sex defines us and I'm not sure why. Maybe its the joining of flesh. The thrill of our hormones coursing through our veins. Then again, maybe it's the wild abandonment we feel when we're in the moment. We live for it, grab it and ride it, no matter the consequences. It can be reckless and fun, or loving and bonding. Whatever emotion a person can crave, huh, sex can fulfill it....well almost. It doesn't seem to detour my thoughts concerning shoes....


I digress.  As I was saying. Sex is monumental, earth shaking, and at times can be life changing. Between the sheets, a person isn't fat or skinny, ugly or gorgeous. We're simply two carnal beings seeking the pleasure our flesh craves. Rational thought goes out the window, emotion and desire leads the way, spurring us on.

Pheromones are a key in attraction. Really, I'm sure I'm not telling you anything new, but have you ever stopped and wondered why in the world you are attracted to some people and not others.  You may slough it off as...he's funny with a good sense of humor. Whatever. Yeah, that trait may help, but it isn't all there is.
Here's some scientific mumbo jumbo. blah, blah.


I had a crush in high school. The guy was totally not my type, at all. We went out on a date, and whamo, I was hooked. I couldn't get enough of being around him. Every cell in my body wanted him and I didn't know why. I mean, he wasn't drop dead gorgeous, and he didn't possess any of the other qualities I looked for. I won't bore you with any more details, but at the time, I couldn't understand it. Now, I realize that he possessed a pheromone that I was attracted to.

I look back now and shake my head. What was I thinking? (By the way, no I didn't have sex with him. In case you're wondering.) It was pheromones in action baby! Am I sounding like Austin Powers here? Cool, I think he's groovy.
Here's a good example. Not at all good looking, but funny with witty charm. (I'm illustrating a point here, and yes, I know he's a fictional character.)  But....women fell all over him. Yep, he had mojo. Groovy baby.

I may have totally eased your minds about men you look back with a WTF question brewing in your mind. I have came and educated you! See, you feel better about falling for a guy and hating yourself later. When I get my PhD, you can call me Dr. Andrews. ~giggles~

Now, there is a cologne apparently that replicates male pheromones that attract women. No shit. I'm calling it deceptive advertisement! It is. Isn't it? Don't ask if this stuff works, because I have no effing idea. I'm just making a point. Or am I?

What I'm saying is this. I love exploring whatever weird, unexplained attractions that happen between two people and develop them with yeah, hot sex, but also a story mixed with love, eroticism, desire and lust, with the utlimate.....love and a happy ending.

Call me crazy, but I love chemistry, and that's what it is. Our brains are full of all kinds of chemicals that bond and send messages throughout our bodies. Cool stuff, really.

Honestly, I just love to write stories that make your lower regions tingle, and yeah, I read a healthy dose of it myself. :)

Be sexy on Hump Day, and definitely do something I would do!
Ooooh. That's one fantabulous image there!







No comments:

Post a Comment