Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Sexy and Sinful Cocktails

It's Monday, and normally I'd be sighing and complaining, but today for some reason, I'm not. I guess it's because there is a lot to look forward to this week. For starters, the Chocolate and Roses Blog Hop is in full swing. Damon - The Texas Senator's Son 1 comes out on Wednesday 9th. And finally, I have an interview that will be coming out with Long and Short Reviews on Thursday 10th. Whew.

So, in honor of my mini celebrations, I would like to share some sexy and sinful cocktail creations that I have found on Pinterst. I'm so addicted to that site. I wonder if they have a patch or something I could wear when I can't get to my computer to take the edge off my urges. hee hee.

I found this fabulous martini on Pinterest of course, but here's the link to the blog that is responsible. I haven't had time to check out all her creations, but I'm sure I'll be wowed.


Strawberry Shortcake Martini


Yield: 5 martinis
Prep Time: 15 - 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Adult Strawberry Shortcake... a drinkable version! ;)

Ingredients:

For the Strawberry Puree (enough for 5 martinis):
16 ounces frozen whole strawberries
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
For the Strawberry Shortcake Martini:
2 ounces cake flavored vodka
3 ounces of strawberry puree
fresh whipped cream, for garnish (optional)

Directions:

For the Strawberry Puree:
Simmer for 10 minutes until sugar is dissolved and fruit is softened. Allow to cool and blend vigorously until smooth. If there are any pulp/seeds left, strain through a fine mesh strainer (Note: If you have a Blendtec, blend on whole juice setting and you won't need to strain the mixture).
For the Strawberry Shortcake Martini:
Place ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously until chilled. Pour into a martini glass and top with (optional) dallop of fresh whipped cream, and garnish with a sliced strawberry.


This next one comes from the Snappy Gourmet. The Snappy Gourmet

Mint Chip Cookietini

Ingredients
  • Drink:
  • 1/3 cup milk (or cream, half-and-half, melted vanilla ice cream, or your favorite dairy substitute)
  • 2 Tablespoons Pinnacle Cookie Dough Vodka
  • 2 Tablespoons Pinnacle Chocolate Vodka (or Chocolate Whipped Vodka)
  • 2 Tablespoons Creme De Menthe Liqueur
  • Garnish: (optional)
  • Chocolate syrup (or hot fudge or melted chocolate)
  • Chocolate shavings (or mini chocolate chips or chocolate cookie crumbs)
  • Whipped Cream (regular or chocolate)
Instructions
  1. Place the milk, cookie dough vodka, chocolate vodka, and creme de menthe in shaker over ice. Shake about 30 seconds.
  2. Garnish edge of glass with chocolate syrup then dip in shaved chocolate. Strain drink in glass then garnish top of drink with whipped cream and chocolate shavings as desired.
Notes
SNAPPY TIPS: This makes 1 large drink but you can easily split it into 2 smaller drinks or make mini drinks or serve in shot glasses.  For a less strong drink, add a little extra milk (or dairy).

I simply have to make these! I plan on checking out all the recipes on these sites. These look fabulous!

Don't forget to enter the Chocolate and Roses Blog Hop!


No comments:

Post a Comment