Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Eight Seconds is now at Amazon and B&N



It's Sunday, and usually it's my sleep in day. Sometimes I drag my butt out of bed and get something accomplished. Other days, I soak up the laziness, because it's the only day I have off. Six days a week is getting to be a real drag. Any work that is for someone else is a drag, and I'm sure most of you would agree.

Today was different though. Today I figured out that my very first book, Eight Seconds was released to Amazon and Barnes and Noble! That put a spring in my step and a little go get em' in my in attitude.



Eight Seconds is available through Bookstrand

Eight Seconds at Amazon

On to other news!

I have mentioned that I work 6 days a week, and that it's a drag on more than one occasion. That is all about to change, starting this week. My honey pie has given me the green light to put in my notice! Yes, I'm very excited, but also a little nervous, and no, it isn't because I'm getting fabulously rich as a writer. It is difficult to manage time with kids and activities, and I'm sure many can relate. For us, it is a nightmare at times. I did say I had a crummy job right? Lol.

My nerves are getting the better of me. It's hard to let go, no matter how much I hate it. Does that make any sense? My day job isn't making me fabulously rich either, so it should be an easy situation, right? I think I'm nervous about the fallout. One day I will disclose where I work, but not now. I will say that I work in an environment where when I walk away from others I need to check my back for knives. I have met a few good people, but not enough to encourage me to stay. It is also a dead end job for me with the situation the company is in.

I'm putting on my game face though. Tomorrow is the day I put in my notice. Now, I need to get busy writing great books! I need to make my own path, and find my own happiness. Where I am currently makes me very unhappy.

Cheers. Here's to me starting a new chapter in my life and to those of you that have already done so.

No comments:

Post a Comment