Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Interview with author Anya Breton


   Recently, I’ve had the pleasure to get to know Anya Breton on Twitter and I knew right away she was the type of person I’d like to just hang out with. Anya possesses many qualities, but my favorite is her unique personality and how she uses it to create memorable stories. 

   I hadn’t read any of her work until recently when I picked up Y’s Punishment published by Siren Publishing. The term I use that I think describes it best is delicious. Her line in Randy’s Diner is by far the most imaginative story I’ve read in a very long time. Since I’m not good at telling someone about a story without spoiling, I’ll just say you have to read it and find out for yourselves!

   Coming soon, today, August 5th to be exact, is another story in the Randy’s Diner series, A’s Surrender. Since I’m curious about people and love to find out what makes them tick, I was thrilled when Anya agreed to do an interview with me. 

   Authors for me are all the same until I can get inside their devious minds and learn about them as people outside their writing. I ask odd questions that give me a glimpse into their lives. Tricky aren’t I? Let’s see what Anya had to say.

When you read, what kind of books do you enjoy reading the most?

Anya: Historical romance, Regency/Victorian/Edwardian. Most of the plots feature women clutching their virtue and males trying to plunder it. I love this sort of conflict.

All writers at some point and time get writer’s block. How do you deal with writer’s block?

Anya: I read someone else’s story, edit one of mine, or switch to writing something else. If it’s bad enough, I step away from all things writing and do a marathon of TV/movie watching instead.

Author’s tastes vary in the bedroom. I want to know, what do you think makes a great bedroom scene?

Anya: Two equally matched characters and plenty of conflict. It’s boring if one simply rolls over and lets the other run roughshod over them. 

I like to write late at night, because I’m most productive then. When is your favorite time to write?

Anya: Sundays. I don’t know what it is about Sunday but it’s always my most productive day to write.

Everyone has unusual quirks or hobbies. Tell me something odd about you?

Anya: I collect rubber chickens. My car’s interior is decorated with them. Everyone knows which vehicle is mine because of the chicken in the back window. My love of rubber chickens has something to do with my time as a clown…

See, I told you I liked to ask questions that give me a glimpse into a person’s personality. Anya didn’t disappoint. Note to self: Find out more later about her time as a clown.

If your friends could describe you with one word, what would it be?

Anya: Weird.

We all have different tastes, but what’s your poison?

Anya: These days its fancy chocolate (I like Lindt best) and Diet Code Red (I’ve recently begun drinking caffeinated beverages after 12+ years). But my tastes change every few months.

What is your favorite comfort food?

Anya: ALL of it. LOL, seriously, I can’t think of one type of food that gives me comfort above all else (Mmm, prime rib, pizza, Chinese…) . If it’s food, and I get to eat it, I’m comforted ;) Conversely, if there’s food, and I don’t get to eat it, I’m a sad panda :(

Most importantly, I want to know about her upcoming release so I ask. Do you have an upcoming book you would like to tell me about?

Anya: The second book in my Randy’s Diner Series is out on August 5th. A’s Surrender is a full-length novel (the last one was a novella), and this time the dominant is male.  Here’s the blurb
Graduate student Ashley Dixon needs $10,000 to bail her dad out of jail for allegedly robbing an ATM machine. Randy’s Diner—a place people go to receive “service with little more than a smile”—promises to be the perfect job to earn cash. If only Ashley can get over the scandalous things the waitstaff and customers do over an order of a burger and fries.
Divorcee Oliver Clarke is accustomed to dominating both in his professional life as CIO at a Fortune 1000 company and also in the BDSM scene. He knows he’s found his ideal submissive after one look at the wholesome little waitress inside his favorite diner. First Oliver must rein in his desire before he frightens away his new obsession.
Ashley is faced with a tough choice. Can she accept being Oliver’s slave for cash to free her dad or will she need more?
Note: these books can be read out of order.

Oooh, I’m in! I can’t wait for this book. How can readers find out more about you?

Anya: They can check out my blog at http://blog.anyabreton.com or they can stalk me on Twitter (@AnyaBreton) and/or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/anyabreton).

You have other works, where can we find your books? 

Anya: Mine are spread across vendors. The best place to find them all is here: http://blog.anyabreton.com/books

A big thanks to Anya for allowing me to rummage around in her head! Don’t miss A’s Surrender, I won’t! Also, be sure to check out Y’s Punishment. You won’t be disappointed!



2 comments:

  1. You do such lovely interviews! Thank YOU for having me, Hennessee. <333

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime girl! Good luck on A's Surrender! :)

    ReplyDelete