Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Twice Bitten with Lynne St. James!

























Thank you so much, Hennessee for inviting me to celebrate the Birthday of my second book, Twice Bitten to Paradise.  For those of you who don’t know me, I’m Lynne St. James and I write erotic paranormal romances for Siren –Bookstrand.  This is the second book in my series, Vampires of Eternity.  

To give you a little background on the series, Eternity is the name of a Fetish Club run by two vampires we meet in my first book, Twice Bitten Not Shy.  The vampires, Sebastian and Christian, come to town to find their mate.  They hire an event planner named Gwendolyn and more than confetti flies.  

Twice Bitten to Paradise picks up where Book 1 leaves off.  The heroine is Brianna or Bree as she’s known throughout the book.  She meets Rafe and Luc in Book 1 and they pursue her throughout Book 2.  

There is a common storyline which runs through the entire series with an evil gypsy named Luminista, but I don’t want to give any secrets away.  No worries though if you’re starting with Book 2, each can stand alone.

But I didn’t come here today just to talk about my books, although I could go on about them all day if Hennesee would let me.  Instead I’m going to talk about dreams.  We all have them, or at least one that we have wanted our entire lives.  

I’ve had one dream since I was about eight years old, and that was to write a book and see it on sale in a book store.  I wrote all the time, starting with children’s stories that I read to kids in the neighborhood.  In high school I progressed to writing mysteries and poetry. I have more marble notebooks filled with ‘angsty’ teenage poetry than I will ever admit to.  I majored in journalism when I attended college, so I could still write for a living.  But not long after college I got married. 

The writing went on hold, for years and years, while I raised my two daughters.  I got back to writing when they started school, but it went on hold again after I got divorced a year later.  I went back to working full time and was a single parent. I didn’t give up on my dream.  I was determined, somehow someway I would get a book written and published.  I just never seemed to have time to make it happen.  Years passed and I didn’t get back to writing.

I eventually moved down to Florida with my daughters, and started a new life here.  Found a job I loved but I still wasn’t writing.  Then I met some authors who were part of the local RWA Chapter. I went to a meeting or two and decided to join.  From there the rest, as they say, is history!   They were the most encouraging group of women I could ever imagine.  One of the authors in my group, Rachel Hauck (she writes Christian and Inspirational Romance) said “never let anyone steal your dream.”
 
I heard those words and that was the turning point for me.  For years I had been letting everything steal it.  It had to stop, and only I could do that.  From that moment on I made the concerted effort to make sure I wrote every day no matter what.  Even if it was only a hundred words, I wrote.  A year later I was published.  Then I wrote another book. Now I’m working on books 3 and 4 of this series, have two other series plotted out, four stand-alone books plotted, and I still write every day.

My dream has come true.  I am now a published author.  But no matter how many books I may have published in the future, I will never forget that line and I encourage you to hold on to it as well.  Never let anyone steal your dreams!  Think about it, live it, and you too can realize your dreams.  

Blurb:  Gwendolyn Harris has no idea what she is getting involved in when Sebastian Ashford and Christian St. John hire her event planning company, An Affair to Remember, for the grand opening of their new club.

For the last few years Gwen has done nothing but work to make her business a success. But when she looks into the haunting eyes of Christian and Sebastian, she wonders if her fantasies are about to become reality. Her ex-husband decides they are a danger to her and is determined to keep her away from them.
Sebastian and Christian had been searching for the key to their curse for hundreds of years. When they realize that danger has followed them to town, they know they don’t have a lot of time. Their hearts tell them that Gwen is their one, but can they convince her before it’s too late?

Buy at BookStrand 

Buy at Amazon 





Released today by Siren-BookStrand!!


Blurb: Brianna McKenzie worked hard to hide her past, but when she comes face-to-face with the gypsy at the opening of Eternity, her world turns upside down. Rafael Verratti and Lucian Carpino felt the connection as soon as they met Bree. But they know that convincing her isn’t going to be easy.

Luc and Rafe aren’t the only ones who want Bree. The gypsy tries to steal her, and then a friend from her past calls to say that her father is missing. Bree decides that in order to protect the ones she cares about she’ll have to confront her past and deal with her monsters.
Rafe and Luc follow Bree to protect her but are furious and leave when she shares her dark secret. It’s then that she realizes her true feelings for them. Will Luc, Rafe, and Bree be able to accept the secrets and save themselves from curses, witches, and gypsy magic to spend Eternity together?

Buy Now at BookStrand!

No comments:

Post a Comment