Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

What I have learned from reading and writing romance



Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.
~Benjamin Franklin~

What I've learned:


Writing: My imagination is limitless and I'm surprised by what I can come up.


Reading: Reading takes me on new adventures not possible by any other means than my mind.










Writing: Sometimes I find my writing hard to swallow and use the backspace key a lot.


Reading: Not everything published is worth reading. 






Writing: In order to accomplish my goals I need to muster all the strength I can. I'm more superhuman at times than I realize.



Reading: Kick as women in books feed my mind. Amazing and talented authors are indeed superheros.







Writing: In order to write believable characters one must get inside their heads. Without emotion a story falls flat.

Reading: Whether we want to feel or not, books suck us in, and take us on emotional roller coasters. 




Writing: Not all heroes are perfect. Sometimes the perfect hero has flaws.



Reading: There is nothing wrong with fairy tales. We all deserve an escape from reality.






Writing: Adding a little bit of humor makes a story come alive. Laughter is the key to happiness.

Reading: Wild women passionate about life, caring not how the world sees them is priceless. 




Writing: Love is not perfect. Sometimes it is weird, opposite of fairy tales, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Reading: The most believable love stories contain imperfect heroes and heroines.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment