Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

Never give up on a loved one!





See the cute, fuzzy baby in the back. That's Tuffy, our five month old kitten.
On August 7th, our baby was in the wrong place at the wrong time. She was inside the engine of the farm truck when it was started.
The mayhem that unfolded is something I'd like to forget. My kids were hysterical, I was crying, and poor Tuffy didn't look like she was going to make it.
A white-knuckled, high speed trip to the vet some twenty plus miles away or so didn't help my nerves. Tuffy was in bad shape and in shock. I think the vet techs thought I was out of my mind, but I was determined to save our little doll baby who makes us smile without trying.
Multiple lacerations, a broken leg, and a broken pelvis. Tuffy was in bad, bad shape.
The vet gave her pain relief and something for the shock, no doubt wondering if I'd lost my mind.
On Saturday, August 9th, Tuffy had surgery to fix her broken leg. Her name must suit her, because the little bundle of cuteness pulled through like a pro.
Today, August 11th, we got to bring Tuffy home. We are so happy and relieved.
My point in blogging about this is to educate and hopefully prevent something like this from happening to someone else. Tuffy was lucky as most wouldn't survive.
Please, if you have outdoor cats, honk your horn or check under the hood before you start your vehicle.
video
Love your pets and be sure to hug them often. Again, honk your horn before you start your vehicle.

Love knows no bounds and I'd race like a maniac again to save something so precious and close to our hearts.



Some may call me crazy, but I don't think love has a price. Watch out for your furry loved ones and keep this from happening.

Okay, go now, give your pets a big hug and tell them how much you love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment